Fredagsfika kl 15 varje vecka! ☕️ Fika 3 pm every Friday!

:sweden: Kom med på digitalt fika med folk i Civic Tech Sweden-communityn varje fredag kl 15! Om du är ny är du särskilt välkommen! Vi börjar varje fika med en introduktionsrunda och sedan samtalar vi om någon fråga eller lyssnar på någon kort presentation. Du är välkommen att stanna bara en stund eller en hel timme eller mer!

Vi möts på Zoom med Mötes-ID 87834088118 och lösenord 424242.

Välkommen!

:uk: Join our informal digital “fika” with people in the Civic Tech Sweden community every Friday at 3 pm! If you’re new or haven’t “fikat” before - you’re even more welcome! (“Fika” is an untranslatable Swedish noun and verb.) We’ll start every fika with a round of introductions and then we’ll have a question to discuss or listen to a lightning talk. You’re welcome to stay just a while, a full hour or more!

We meet on Zoom with Meeting ID 87834088118 and Passcode 424242

If someone in the group doesn’t speak Swedish, we’ll all talk in English!

Welcome!

1 gillning

Hi everyone! I can’t join today because of a scheduling conflict with another meeting but will try to check in once in a while in the future. I lead one of the funded projects, called Plato Project - tools for participatory placemaking. I’m also the co-founder of Blivande and a co-director of Edgeryders.

One of the tools we are developing, called “Plato Ideas” is already available to alpha-test! It’s a tool that allows participants to suggest new creative projects, collaborate on ideas, seek funding and peer-review. We use it at Blivande to take in applications for our container-gallery, for example. If you think it could be useful for you, let me know and I will forward you details on how to sign up to create your own organization.

1 gillning

Thanks Hugi! I also received messages from several others who weren’t able to join today, but thanks to those who came!

I just received an invitation to participate in a roundtable discussion on the theme “At the doorstep to a new golden digital age - how can Swedish civil society actively contribute to the development of society after the pandemic?” on 11/12, organized by NYSTA. I would love to talk about that question at the next Friday fika so I can bring your thoughts into that conversation the following week!

Have a nice weekend and advent!

1 gillning

Tomorrow is the last Friday fika of the year! The suggested theme is to talk about our highlights of 2020, and what we hope that 2021 will bring!

We will take a break on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day but will be back on January 8th if you want! Even though I’m gonna be on holiday until January 11th, I’ll try to remember to check in on the 8th to see if anyone is joining.

If you really want to meet during the holidays also, feel free to use the same Zoom link as usual on the 25th December and 1st of January and notify others here or in the chat if you plan to join! :smile:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you! :christmas_tree: :confetti_ball:
Hope to se you tomorrow!

1 gillning

Happy New Year! Today at 3 pm we have our Fredagsfika again! I’m curious to hear your plans for the year and perhaps get some feedback on the proposed themes for Civic Tech Labs 2021. Hope to see you on Zoom!

Time for a Friday fika again! Last week, 7 people joined. One of the subjects we ended up talking about was how to keep the right balance between being idealistic in using open source tools, and being pragmatic in using commercial tools from the big tech giants.

As usual, the subject for our fika conversations is open for suggestions, but one thing we in the Civic Tech Sweden team would be glad to hear your thoughts on is what we should focus on in our work this year, when we plan our events and other activities.

You’re welcome to join the call on Zoom at 3 pm Friday with Meeting ID 87834088118 and Passcode 424242, or share your thoughts here in the forum!

Hi everyone! There will be a Friday fika again this week!

As usual, the subject for our fika conversations is open for suggestions, and I’m gonna make one myself: hackathons!

Hackathons are interesting events where you can try and solve a problem under limited time. Have you ever been at a hackathon? What did you build? If you haven’t, what would you build?

You’re welcome to join the call on Zoom at 3 pm Friday with Meeting ID 87834088118 and Passcode 424242, or share your thoughts here in the forum!

Hello! :snowman_with_snow: I am excited to announce that on this week’s Friday fika, our new community member @giorgos will give us a short demo of the tool Polis and the community behind it. Polis is “a real-time system for gathering, analyzing and understanding what large groups of people think in their own words, enabled by advanced statistics and machine learning.”

Giorgos is one of the volunteers doing the advanced mathematical modelling work behind the scenes. Some of it he has described in the forum post “Machine learning and deliberative democracy: mathematical modelling of Pol.is” that I recommend you to read if you want to learn more! He will of course be open to questions it that during the fika as well, but we won’t have time to go into very deep learning… :wink:

As usual, we’ll meet on Zoom at 3 pm Friday with Meeting ID 87834088118 and Passcode 424242. Hope to see you there!

3 gillningar

Looking forward to today @giorgos !

2 gillningar

Drats! Really wanted to drop in today, but a silly north american morning meeting got in the way :slight_smile:

2 gillningar

Soon time for Fredagsfika again! :coffee: Topic might be to warm up the conversation about Community Tools in preparation for the Civic Tech Lab on February 23rd that I hope you’ve registered for! Hope to see you both today and on the 23rd! :raised_hands:

2 gillningar

heh I have registered, but it’s 3–6am in the morning my time, so i might need to ask forgiveness if i sleep in :slight_smile:

3 gillningar

You never know what exciting things will happen during our Friday fikas! :open_mouth:Last week, I spontaneously invited Christian Landgren from iTeam to join, and he did! He is one of the parents in Stockholm who used their frustration on the app “Skolplattformen”, used for communication between schools, parents and students in Stockholm, to develop a more user friendly app called “Öppna Skolplattformen!” (which translates to both “The Open School Platform” and “Open Up the School Platform!”) Their app had just launched last Friday and became the top paid app in Apple App Store that same day! You can read a story about them in Swedish SVT if you want to know more!

It is a very interesting case showing what can or could happen if public actors would open up their systems and information with APIs so that members of the public can develop solutions onto that information. We hope to hear and learn more from Christian and his fellow team of parents in the future during e.g. a webinar or similar since I think their experiences can teach us a lot!

Another thing I loved about having Christian join last week was that he introduced what I think is the ultimate question to ask people joining our fikas: What can we help you with?

I think it could be a useful question to start all our calls with after we have introduced ourselves to each other. Starting from that question I believe that everyone who joins can benefit from the calls in some way, and that we can help each other maximise our learning and impact.

So, we’ll see what will happen during the Friday fika this week – it depends on who comes and what those people need help with. Then we’ll see what we think we can do and learn from each other!

Hope to see you both during the fika and on the Civic Tech Lab on Community Tools on February 23rd that I hope you’ve registered for! :writing_hand:

2 gillningar

Tomorrow is Friday and Fika time again at 3 pm! So far we’ve had a trend that there’s always been someone new joining! We love that and are curious to see who it will be this time! :thinking:

We haven’t decided on a topic, but perhaps we can talk about the poll on themes for our Civic Tech Labs in 2021 that @mattiasjay put up yesterday. We would love to hear your thoughts on that!

I also just posted another poll about themes for the Code for All Summit 2021. Answering both will give us a view of what you’re interested in hearing more or telling the world about! :earth_asia:

1 gillning

Another Friday another fika!

Tomorrow we will among other things talk about “Konferenser och mässor 2021”. See you tomorrow! :coffee:

We’re off for Easter so no Friday fika this week. Have a great Easter everyone and see you again next week! :hatching_chick:

2 gillningar

This week we will have a coffee and open up this article from NyTeknik: Stockholms stad polisanmäler Öppna skolplattformen (“The city of Stockholm reports the open school platform to the police”). :coffee:

As always, join the fika here. . Meeting-ID 87834088118 and password 424242.

1 gillning

Today we will talk about our next lab Civic Tech Lab: The Two Money Problems - 5 May 2021, 16:00 to 17:30 CEST [UTC+2] together with @SvenB and @Jonas .

We’ve also published a blog post about the Civic Tech project Biologg - “Pokémon Go for nature". @akbergkvist and @Daniel will join us and tell us more!

See you at 15.00!

Can everyone who posted links in the Zoom chat post them again here? :pray:

1 gillning

I second @Daniel 's request - maybe a separate thread titled “Fredagsfika links”?

It’s not perfect but will help people who cannot make it to the fika every time (like me :blush:) to keep contact. Also people who join in from mobile devices and cannot check them in real time (ok, also me, what can I say :smiley:)

1 gillning