My Birthday Party in a shared Google Spreadsheet

You really took me by surprise at the last Friday Fika when it turned out that you had prepared a Birthday Party in a Spreadsheet for me! :partying_face: :star_struck: :tada: Thank you soooo much!

It’s the most geeky :nerd_face: silly :crazy_face: funny :joy: birthday present ever! Check it out and if you share my humour you’ll also love it!

As my birthday is actually today I thought I’ll continue using the spreadsheet as a party place also today so feel free to drop in anytime during the day!

I created a new sheet called Time Schedule where you’ll find some suggested times to drop by, but I’ll summarise them here as well in short using the clever time function I just discovered here in our Discourse forum:

• 2021-05-10T08:47:00Z Party Start in Sweden :champagne: 41 years past my birth exactly
  • 2021-05-10T12:15:00Z Momo time in Nepal :dumpling: So that my friends in Nepal can have my favourite Nepali dish momos around 6 pm their time (NPT is UTC+5:45!)
  • 2021-05-10T13:00:00Z Fika time in Sweden :coffee: Of course!
  • 2021-05-10T18:00:00Z Pudding time in the UK :cupcake: For my British friends when they’ve had their dinner and it’s time for pudding / dessert!
  • 2021-05-10T20:00:00Z Happy Hour in Washington DC :beers: So that my friends on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean can have something to drink and round of this birthday together with me!

Drop a line in Hallen (the Hallway) to say hello, drop your coat in the Coat Room, grab a “semla” or something else to eat or drink in Köket (the Kitchen) and party on in the other sheets!

Some background:

This is where it all started, in the forum, when @giorgos gave us the link to the Party in a Shared Google Doc that gave the inspiration to this party!

Then @mattiasjay with the help from @giorgos and others created a special birthday party spreadsheet for me that we tried out during the Friday fika on May 7th! It was so much fun! Thank you everyone who showed up! Some screenshots:

Framdörrn / The Front Door

Coat Room

Paint by numbers. Thanks to whoever did the nice painting to the right! I was also very happy to see when I took this screenshot just now that there was an Anonymous Badger in the spreadsheet! My favourite animal! :badger:

Now I have to go back to the party, as it has already started! See you there! :wave:

3 gillningar