Fredagsfika kl 15 varje vecka! ☕️ Fika 3 pm every Friday!

Looking forward to today @giorgos !

2 gillningar

Drats! Really wanted to drop in today, but a silly north american morning meeting got in the way :slight_smile:

2 gillningar

Soon time for Fredagsfika again! :coffee: Topic might be to warm up the conversation about Community Tools in preparation for the Civic Tech Lab on February 23rd that I hope you’ve registered for! Hope to see you both today and on the 23rd! :raised_hands:

2 gillningar

heh I have registered, but it’s 3–6am in the morning my time, so i might need to ask forgiveness if i sleep in :slight_smile:

3 gillningar

You never know what exciting things will happen during our Friday fikas! :open_mouth:Last week, I spontaneously invited Christian Landgren from iTeam to join, and he did! He is one of the parents in Stockholm who used their frustration on the app “Skolplattformen”, used for communication between schools, parents and students in Stockholm, to develop a more user friendly app called “Öppna Skolplattformen!” (which translates to both “The Open School Platform” and “Open Up the School Platform!”) Their app had just launched last Friday and became the top paid app in Apple App Store that same day! You can read a story about them in Swedish SVT if you want to know more!

It is a very interesting case showing what can or could happen if public actors would open up their systems and information with APIs so that members of the public can develop solutions onto that information. We hope to hear and learn more from Christian and his fellow team of parents in the future during e.g. a webinar or similar since I think their experiences can teach us a lot!

Another thing I loved about having Christian join last week was that he introduced what I think is the ultimate question to ask people joining our fikas: What can we help you with?

I think it could be a useful question to start all our calls with after we have introduced ourselves to each other. Starting from that question I believe that everyone who joins can benefit from the calls in some way, and that we can help each other maximise our learning and impact.

So, we’ll see what will happen during the Friday fika this week – it depends on who comes and what those people need help with. Then we’ll see what we think we can do and learn from each other!

Hope to see you both during the fika and on the Civic Tech Lab on Community Tools on February 23rd that I hope you’ve registered for! :writing_hand:

2 gillningar

Tomorrow is Friday and Fika time again at 3 pm! So far we’ve had a trend that there’s always been someone new joining! We love that and are curious to see who it will be this time! :thinking:

We haven’t decided on a topic, but perhaps we can talk about the poll on themes for our Civic Tech Labs in 2021 that @mattiasjay put up yesterday. We would love to hear your thoughts on that!

I also just posted another poll about themes for the Code for All Summit 2021. Answering both will give us a view of what you’re interested in hearing more or telling the world about! :earth_asia:

1 gillning

Another Friday another fika!

Tomorrow we will among other things talk about “Konferenser och mässor 2021”. See you tomorrow! :coffee:

We’re off for Easter so no Friday fika this week. Have a great Easter everyone and see you again next week! :hatching_chick:

2 gillningar

This week we will have a coffee and open up this article from NyTeknik: Stockholms stad polisanmäler Öppna skolplattformen (“The city of Stockholm reports the open school platform to the police”). :coffee:

As always, join the fika here. . Meeting-ID 87834088118 and password 424242.

1 gillning

Today we will talk about our next lab Civic Tech Lab: The Two Money Problems - 5 May 2021, 16:00 to 17:30 CEST [UTC+2] together with @SvenB and @Jonas .

We’ve also published a blog post about the Civic Tech project Biologg - “Pokémon Go for nature". @akbergkvist and @Daniel will join us and tell us more!

See you at 15.00!

Can everyone who posted links in the Zoom chat post them again here? :pray:

1 gillning

I second @Daniel 's request - maybe a separate thread titled “Fredagsfika links”?

It’s not perfect but will help people who cannot make it to the fika every time (like me :blush:) to keep contact. Also people who join in from mobile devices and cannot check them in real time (ok, also me, what can I say :smiley:)

1 gillning

Tomorrow it’s time for fika again! Perhaps some people will celebrate “Valborg” in other ways than talking on Zoom, but I promise to show up at least! :slight_smile:

Sorry for slow reply @Daniel and @giorgos about links from last week. I’ve set up Zoom on my computer to always save the chats so here it is in full, but anonymised. :slight_smile:

1 gillning

Thanks! Regarding Google Maps, I looked it up and it’s actually free for unlimited use when used in a mobile app, see https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform/pricing.

1 gillning

You might have seen it, we announced our next big event yesterday! It’s a two-part lab about climate (citizens) assemblies! I’d love to discuss it at our next fika!

We will cancel the Friday Fika this week as the 14th of May is a “klämdag” (“squeeze day”?) in Sweden as Thursday is a public holiday and many people have Friday off as well. So enjoy the warm weather instead and prepare for the 2-part lab about Climate Assemblies the following week! :sunny:

Big thanks to everyone who came to the fika last week and took part in My Birthday Party in a shared Google Spreadsheet! :partying_face::star_struck::tada: It was the most geeky :nerd_face: silly :crazy_face: funny :joy: birthday present ever! Perfect for someone who is crazy enough to love spreadsheets! :heart::bar_chart:

Imorgon på fredagsfikat kommer Mattias Axell, @mattias, från Handlingar.se och Emil Juslin, @emiljuslin, från IOGT-NTO.

Handlingar.se hjälper dig begära ut information från myndigheter och mjuklanserar just nu en tjänst för journalister, företagare, civilsamhälle och akademiker. På fikat kommer Mattias bli hands-on med oss och visa live hur du begär ut myndighetsinformation på plattformen.

IOGT-NTO håller också på med något spännande, nämligen ett civilsamhällesnätverk för transparensfrågor som kanske några av er läst om i i tråden “Uppstartsmöte, Civilsamhällesnätverk för att diskutera Transparensfrågor 2 juni 11.00”? Emil skriver bland annat:

och

Läs mer i tråden och prata mer med Emil imorgon!

Som vanligt träffas vi kl 15 på Zoom med kaffe (eller valfri dryck) i handen! Och som vanligt, här är Zoom-länken: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87834088118?pwd=THAwK21CSGhTVWtSMWZJVzB3RG9MUT09

Syns imorgon! :coffee:

1 gillning

@Daniel Ok, that’s advantageous. I guess the price is users’ privacy. From a perspective of social sustainability and privacy I think it’s an issue due to Google Maps tracking (GDPR & Schrems II) - especially considering that there are kids using it.

Idag är det fredagsfika igen! Vi tar en kaffe och hör vad alla som kommer har på gång. Idag kommer vi också ge en liten teaser för vad vi gör i Almedalen, missa inte det! Syns kl 15! (Zoom-länken finns som vanligt här ovan)

Hello everyone! This week we will cancel the Fredagsfika due to that the “informal Swedish national holiday” Midsummer’s Eve is celebrated all over the country! :sweden:

If you’re not Swedish and want to learn more about the festivities you can check out this old IKEA commercial that was banned in Germany… Perhaps not giving a completely accurate picture, but it can give you an idea… :joy:

Next week, Friday 2 July, will be the last Friday fika before we will take a summer break until Friday 13 August!

Happy Midsummer! :sunny: :fish: :cocktail: :cake:

1 gillning